Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Braidwood Bass Fishing 3/20/2017

I had a funeral to attend on Saturday so we made the decision to hit Braidwood again on Sunday. The plan was to get out the door wheels up at 4:00am. Well the best laid plans????? I hooked the boat up nice and early about 3:45 and when I went to plug in the trailer light adapter, disaster!!!! It was not in the center console. Now it lives in the center console of The Tahoe because there is no reason to keep it anywhere else. I was completely beside myself. I looked everywhere and could not find it. Now by this time my friend is at my house ready to get going. The reason we were leaving so early was because we knew there was a club tourney with 9 boats getting to the south launch at 6:00am. We wanted to be there at 5:30 so we could not only launch first, but not get in their way as they were prepping for the tourney.

Well, I made the decision to go. I was not going to wait the 3 hours for the sun to come up. I made it about half way down and was very nervous due to my carelessness. I pulled off in a large truck stop and thought they would have one for sale. And wouldn't you know it, they had every tow item possible from lights, to 7 way adapters, to air brake lines for tractor trailers. No 7 way to 4 way flat. I could not believe it. I did see two boats pull into the lot and they were talking. I figured, what the heck, I'm going to go ask. I approach the guys and they were very nice. One guy of course said, I had two in my truck until yesterday and I took one out. Then out of the blue one of the guys comes over to me and he had the adapter. He said that he did not even know why he had it because two years ago he got a new truck and didn't even use it. He gave it to me and wouldn't even take any money. Very cool. Nice to see there are still good people in the world. So we made it and we were still only the sixth boat there.

I met Rob from and said hi. He let me know that they were not ready to launch so we achieved our goal of being the first boat out and it proved to be a good move. We got out and within the first hour, got 13 fish with two doubles. They were not large fish but good ones for sure. The action was hot all day and we wound up with 25 fish and a few pretty good ones just no monsters.

Here is a video of the day as always. Thanks for reading and watching. Don't forget to get over to the facebook page and youtube at Adventures Midwest!!!!! Please don't forget to like and subscribe!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment